html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: So he asked me to announce another one.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

So he asked me to announce another one.

Hey y'all,

When Ben said he was showing The Smartest Guys in the Room, I was all "Hell yeah! That is SO HOT. Will he talk dirty to me about physics while backing me against a wall and taking my clothes off?"

But it turns out The Smartest Guys in the Room is NOT about a bunch of guys who split their time evenly between reading advanced behavioral economics and biogeochemistry, working out with their shirts off, and talking about how smart and pretty I am.

Instead, it is about Enron's policy of hiring very smart people who got too clever for their own good and started gaming California's unregulated energy market, simultaneously bilking billions of dollars from California and driving their company into bankruptcy. What a tragic waste. It could have been such a better movie.

I'll go to Ben's anyway, for the recent historical importance, the good company, good snackies and drinks. But I'll be watching a different movie in my head, if you know what I mean.

Movie time has been pushed back to 7:45, because some of us have yoga class at 6:30.

Megan

****************************************
A couple days after sending this, I checked -- our list has 278 people on it. Great.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home