html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Why do I adore Ananda? Because he is ALWAYS right.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Why do I adore Ananda? Because he is ALWAYS right.

He wrote in the comments below:
But admit it: this thread makes you less nervous than the Marginal Revolution thread on martial arts. I always cringe when I see more than 2 comments on a martial arts thread. I think the equivalent of Godwin's Law for martial arts threads is that they all invariably devolve into "Everyone should do Brazilian jujitsu ftw!!!!"

I freakin' hate that shit and never play. What other horrible conversations am I forgetting for now?

6 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Ooohh! There is "I saw whale sharks diving in the crystal blue water off the shore of an secret, unspoiled Pacific island".

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a conversation that comes up a lot in your life? I don't think I've ever heard that one.

And, no, I don't have anything better to do than this. I'm debugging, it's work, I swear.

Justin

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm....reminds me to read the MR comments on that thread (I always read the posts, but the comments only on the posts that most interest me).

My little brother teaches Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu down in Texas...the one who got fired for writing an epic poem about his boss, where each stanza was a limerick, entitled "The tyrant and his evil henchman plot to spoil the plans of good Karun".

A friend of mine just got fired for a drawing of HER boss as the devil, so I think I am going to blog that one!

1:21 PM  
Blogger bobvis said...

I want to run away when I hear:
1. But I pay taxes, why shouldn't the government do _____ for me?
2. But I would buy music/movies legally if those companies didn't charge so much.
3. Is there such a thing as a supply chain strategy?
4. What is the difference between a manufacturer and a service provider?

The last two happen because I'm a supply chain management scholar, so they infuriate me the most.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think anything can deliver as well as internet nerds arguing over which martial art is better and why.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

JMPP:
It was good of her to establish the terms of the marriage up front. Happily, he had the same goals.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home