html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: I would like to see these practices become widespread.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I would like to see these practices become widespread.

The different café last night posted all the Craiglist Missed Connections that mentioned the café by the register. Of course! Good thinking. What a considerate service for your patrons. The different café did not have flocks of hot med students, so I will be returning to the first café. But props to the different café for helping with hook-ups. This is the sort of forward-thinking, willingness-to-get-involved that knits our community together and gets people laid.

*****************

When Anand (he’ll be back any minute) and his friends pay the restaurant bill with cards, on the bottom of the bill they write the last four digits of the cards next to the amount to be charged to that card. I like that. Bills don’t have to be split evenly between cards and it seems helpful to write out the amounts to bill to which card, so the server doesn’t have to remember. Anand says it is a common practice in Dallas; I wish it were common here too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait I do both of these all the time!

Ok, I only do the second one all the time but I would do the first if I owned a cafe. Or if I were ever mentioned in missed connections. I suppose I would need a t-shirt for that one.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great idea. You'd think I could have thought of it myself, but no, I've been wringing my hands for years in anxiety about making the poor waitress remember all those odd amounts.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second is a good idea-- thanks.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home