html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Fairly mild Wall of Shame

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Fairly mild Wall of Shame

From a re-post of my rant. They didn't get real interesting:
Wow. Someone needs professional help.

*********

Whoever he/she is needs to get help. Soon, or someone is going to be on the receiving end of his/her bad day gone really bad.

He/she shouldn't travel, either.

*********

Well all I can say is this person is nearer to departing this world from a stress induced Heart Attack than any TSA agent is my guess.
There is wound up and there is over the top big style.

*********

This person needs to be put on a no fly list. They seem to me a possible securuty risk.. Screening can be a pain but it is for our good to some degree, and will live with it.. but this fellow whoa

*********

What an idiot, its people like him that then complain when they miss the flight or their luggage doesnt make it!

I also liked this one from Ezra's (although he apologized when he realized he'd mistaken me for a different Megan.):

I think what I come away from this little anecdote thinking is what a fucking wuss megan is. ... They don't give a flying fuck about people lining up to leave las vegas. They're just not that into you.

the screaming narcissism of the right wing never ceases to amaze me.




Two things. First, how come every time I get mad, people accuse me of being filled with hate? You know, I'm as descriptive and articulate when I'm angry as I am when I'm writing about playing catch. Why aren't people willing to let me be mad without coming to conclusions about my inner nature?

Second. I never missed my flights.


However, I did find this a while back, on my old post about ex-pats. Now this person knows how to write an intro:
What a sanctamonious cow! I found this entry on google...why it was there im not sure...but expats who like other countries and wait for it... like sex...how evil!!... I think you need to get off the pc and get out more...if your friend hates the country and the people yes..he should leave ...but loads do like other countries and YES may even like to have consenting sex there...so perhaps you should stay in some right wing theocracy like Iran or the deep south and limit the judgements!

16 Comments:

Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

You like the hate.

You just demand it in better quality.

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"but loads do like other countries and YES may even like to have consenting sex there...so perhaps you should stay in some right wing theocracy like Iran or the deep south and limit the judgements!"

I have never been to Iran but I lived in the mid-South until I graduted from college and have been to the Deep South many times. I can promise that A) the state governments in the South are secular, and B) many people, even people who aren't married, have consensual sex there with no one else objecting or even caring.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As they say, I'm not a psychiatrist, but I play one on the Internets. It seems to me that most of the people whose replies you posted are the type of people that like to read Internet rants because it gives them a chance to play armchair psychiatrist. Look at all of the responses; none of them explore the validity of the points being made, they just question the mental and emotional state of the person making them.

--mith

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I mentioned on the other thread, there are some very, very uptight and humorless people on the airliners.net forums. I once had a comment reported to a moderator and deleted for the heinous "crime" of referring to the Most Loathesome Nation on the Face of the Earth as Shitty Arabia instead of its proper name.

Peter
Iron Rails & Iron Weights

8:00 AM  
Blogger bryn said...

you cut out the responses that agreed with you

and

they don't have the context to know your excellent writing style and that it is applied in less ranty ways to other subjects and to know that you save worms from the sidewalk.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...how come every time I get mad, people accuse me of being filled with hate?"

Um, it could be the 13 uses of the word "hate" in the post. Just a guess.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Jens:

I wouldn't like the hate if I thought they had a good sense of me. But when it is way off-base, it cracks me up.

Peter:
I don't know whether they're humorless, but I actually tend to be humorless about names. They're so personal, so it really bugs people. But it usually isn't clever; it is very often the obvious joke they've heard a million times. And there usually isn't much good information in a pun on a name, so it doesn't move the conversation forward for all the rancor it incurs.

Bryn:

But the ones who agreed with me aren't funny.

Megan:

What, now you show up to be all clever?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Sheila Tone said...

First, how come every time I get mad, people accuse me of being filled with hate? .... Why aren't people willing to let me be mad without coming to conclusions about my inner nature?

Hey, you too? If it's any comfort, I think of you as irritatingly cockeyedly positive. ;)

When you criticize, it's showing weakness, and certain folks like to jump on it to discredit you. Kind of like self-deprecating humor, some people will use it against you.

Also, some people are offended by any negativity, however true. Some people just don't have the sense of humor to take a rant with grain of salt. Finally, a lot of people just don't like to see women being angry. They consider it ugly.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

> Finally, a lot of people just don't
> like to see women being angry. They
> consider it ugly.

You're joking!

Everybody knows they are cute when they are angry.


(ducks)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

"First, how come every time I get mad, people accuse me of being filled with hate? You know, I'm as descriptive and articulate when I'm angry as I am when I'm writing about playing catch. Why aren't people willing to let me be mad without coming to conclusions about my inner nature?"

Alice Sebold said in Lucky that whenever she spoke of being angry at her rapist, people either couldn't hear her, because it didn't fit with their idea of how a "good" victim reacts. Or they were horrified. One guy advised her on the futility of rage and revenge. Said he felt sorry for her if she felt that way. And then offered the sop, "You're a beautiful girl." Because, Sebold said, "You can not be filled with hate and be beautiful."

People rush to shut down a woman's anger. Minimize it. Pretend it isn't there. Or, failing that, if it can't be ignored, it's proof that she's "crazy" and thus can't be listened to. I don't know why it's so unthinkable that a woman could just be mad. Because someone was an ass. And that's all there is to it and the world won't end. But that seems to be the way it is.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Sheila Tone said...

I have a good friend who, starting around the time she had her first child, just ignores any negative information in my emails, even if it's clearly a rant, even if I'm clearly joking.

Since I had my baby, it's gotten worse: She responds with a compliment about the baby. As if one has anything to do with the other. Like, because I'm a mom with a cute baby, I can't/shouldn't get mad about some other entirely unrelated thing.

She used to be pretty good at ridicule, I don't know what happened.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Sheila Tone said...

I always thought "Lucky" looked like a real downer, but you make it sound interesting.

One guy advised her on the futility of rage and revenge. Said he felt sorry for her if she felt that way. And then offered the sop, "You're a beautiful girl."

Sometimes people really do think stuff like that. Other times, people just do it because they love to negate others. It's a chance to gain the upper hand. To criticize without being open to charges of negativity, because they're telling YOU NOT to criticize! Isn't it cute how that works.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

The funniest part to me, after all these comments, is that at least one of them seems to have assumed you were a man.

6:38 PM  
Blogger bobvis said...

stay in some right wing theocracy like Iran or the deep south and limit the judgements! [sic]

No one from the South has ever shouted at me to get off of their Internet. I've spent time in each corner of the country, but the South has been the most accepting, least overtly judgmental place I have seen so far.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having grown up in the South, I'd have to say most southerners believe in pretty much the exact opposite of theocracy. I've only got personal anecdotes to back this up, but I'm of the opinion that anyone that thinks the deep south is in favor of theocracy has never actually been to the deep south.

--mith

10:16 PM  
Blogger Zubon said...

the screaming narcissism of the right wing never ceases to amaze me.

Yes, Megan, the Republican hack. If she can go three posts without promoting Mitt Romney, it will be a great day.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home