html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: How it is done.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

How it is done.

Her blog is shockingly good. As good as any I've read. As good as Sherry's was. I read straight through her archives and know for sure that I could not write words like that. Her average posts are very good; her good posts make me gasp. And there are very many good posts. More than I linked, but I stopped keeping track. Three hours of reading, and I never learned to put my guard up against her slice of a last sentence.

9 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Maybe her personal blog isn't your style. Please do not use my comments section to disparage anyone.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you not like it? It's a masterpiece. (Yours is on the same realm of awesomeness.)

2:53 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

That's what I think of her blog, but I know that some of my readers are only here for the irrigation talk. They might not have the same appreciation for Esereth's blog.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have the disadvantage of a happy childhood.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

And a family full of reasonable people. But other people with her stories couldn't tell them like that.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's extraordinary, but I don't think I could read too much in one sitting. I imagine looking out the window on an icy day.

A4

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Request - when you link to a source you like, would you give us a little taste via a small quote? I tend to be lazy about clicking through if I know I'm going to have to figure out what you liked, and far more likely to do so when I've been given a teaser.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hm. Don't know if I could excerpt her. Each of her pieces is a pretty tightly woven whole. But I'll remember the practice of excerpting when I'm recommending something.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

A4 nailed it for me. Nicely done, but too bleak for flipping to while my programs/tests run, which is when I read blogs.

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home