html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: South Bay! What are you doing tomorrow?

Friday, January 25, 2008

South Bay! What are you doing tomorrow?

Hey, South Bay? What are you doing tomorrow? Want to join me'n'Anand'n'Monica for Chaat-Fest '08? Tomorrow afternoon we are going to three or four chaat places in San Jose or Sunnyvale, I think. Now that Anand lives there, we need to know who makes the best chaat. You should come with us!

You should especially come with us if you are a totally awesome woman who has a dog. You really want to date Anand. You do. He's great. He's handsome and brilliant and funny and nice to the core. I know you're tripping over single men, there in San Jose, but Anand is a catch. You? I don't know. You should have a dog. A black lab would be perfect, but Anand knows we aren't all perfect and he'll love your dog the way it is. He even liked his friend's little yappy dogs, which lost Anand some respect in my eyes. If you wear glasses, Anand'll think you are beautiful. I would specify other stuff, but it turns out I don't know Anand well enough. A couple weeks back, I was lamenting that my date was a great guy, but not funny and there just isn't anywhere to go from there. Anand said "I don't know about that. My ex wasn't funny." I said "Jesus! How'd you ever get it up?", but Anand confirmed that it hadn't been a problem. If he can manage that, you know he isn't gonna let you down, ladies.

This'll be a great time to meet Anand, because even though I am socially inept in lots of ways, I am a fantastic wingman. I'll chat you up all nice and interested and you won't even notice that I am slightly backing you over toward Anand. We'll be eating chaat and it'll all be so fun and I will make the transfer over to Anand and all of a sudden leave to fetch us water. I do this for Chris and Anand all the time. You'd think they'd close the deal more, considering that I do all the work. But! The handoff is smoooooth. You won't even notice, and then you'll be talking to the best guy you'll meet all year.

Anyway, you should come to Chaat-Fest '08. I'll post an itinerary when I know one. Or email me.

Chaat Paradise: About 12:45
Chaat House: About 2:30
Lovely Sweets and Snacks: About 3:10

15 Comments:

Blogger mwilson said...

I'm not a woman or in the South Bay, and have the opposite of a black lab - a small white cat. I had had an eye on getting out tomorrow for a fun event, but in view of those things (not to mention the weather, and the fact that I jeest called in sick to work with a fever and the having-trouble-swallowing kind of sore throat) I'll cheerfully keep that eye on events further out.

Enjoy the chaat! And thanks for making me look up what it is: I've been broadened.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off topic:
You've been talking about the state drying out and whatnot. Where are you getting these numbers, because it certainly seems to be raining and snowing a lot this year. Specifically, I'm curious where you get the averages, and, more importantly, where do you get current data?

I can find snow pack data for some of the ski areas, but other places I might travel, not so much, and considering my hobbies it would be useful information.

I am happy to say I'm starting to understand the conditions and factors that lead to increased avalanche danger though.

Justin

11:51 AM  
Blogger A. Marigold said...

I love your blog. I know I've commented a few times randomly already but this just cemented it for me. If you were in LA, I would totally want to be your friend. I might want to anyway, but it's a long drive. ;)

Enjoy your chaat tomorrow!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Because of chaat?

I need to head down to LA soon, and when I do, we should hang out.

5:01 PM  
Blogger A. Marigold said...

Well, the chaat helps (I won't lie ;), but it's just the way you talk about your friends and your weekend plans and stuff like that. You seem like a person who's happy about little stuff. I like people like that.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

Megan,

You should get a dog. Maybe a black lab. The guys really go for that.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Sheila Tone said...

I see that chaat can mean a variety of different dishes, all of which are tasty and pasty.

Does Lovely Sweets and Snacks have a refrigerated glass case wherein lie burfis and/or chum-chums? It sounds like it would.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

An angry mob is protesting your blog:
http://tinyurl.com/yuupr2

5:17 PM  
Blogger Dubin said...

That's hilarious. I just saw a sign go by reading "Capella." I'm sure Capella's like, huh? What did I do?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Sheila Tone said...

Oh, rad. Among the highlights at the Bobvis protest: "IMMORAL," "Trust laissez faire, it can," and giant photos of Mr. Spungen's old shoes.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Dubin said...

Excuse me, I'm going to go protest my own blog.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Dude, I can't see that from work!

BOOO! I'll have to wait to find out what caused the protest. BOOO!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Dubin said...

Oh, just about anything can cause a protest. TJ's entire department was worthy of a big protest this afternoon. The protesters are very touchy and should not be trifled with.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

Actually, this is probably more appropriate for this blog:
http://tinyurl.com/2r525a

1:45 PM  
Blogger jjsingh04 said...

Mmmmm...chaat. I remember eating 7 or 8 very spicy gole guppay one after the other at a bus station in Delhi back in '83--those were the days. Now though, my doctors wouldn't want me to even eat papri chaat, which sucks big time. Not that there're too many chaat restaurants here in Philly anyway. Have fun in the South Bay Megan!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home