html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Austin, Texas! One week from now!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Austin, Texas! One week from now!

Hey Austin!

Next Thursday evening, come meet your THREE FAVORITE BLOGGERS! That's right! ANAND and Sherry and and I will be in Austin and we'd love to hang out with you.

I'm thinking of a cantina type place, with chips and good salsa and pitchers of margaritas. Someplace where we could pull tables together. I've heard you guys have decent Mexican food, for not being in California. Recommend a place? Come hang out with us?

UPDATE:
Hey folks. Sherry and I need to decide on a place and time. It is looking like 7:30ish. I promise I will post a place as soon as we know, but that might not be until Thursday morning. Either way, we're still on and looking forward to a fun gathering.

Final plan!

Jovita's, 8:00pm. See you there!

13 Comments:

Blogger fasolamatt said...

Darn it. Going to miss you by five weeks.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so close, yet so far away for a weekday.... What are you doing in Austin?

s.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hanging out on a boat with Sherry until lots of my college co-op housemates show up for a wedding that weekend.

Meeting you guys. FUN.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yo. I know a cantina, called Jovita's, with good, inexpensive Mexican and good music. I vote for that.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Jovita's sounds good to me.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHUY's!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuy's vs Jovita's: Chuy's. Or Trudy's by campus.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

But are y'all going to join us?

2:43 PM  
Blogger arf said...

Trudy's makes one of the best mexican martinis served in this town, but I'm not a huge fan of their food. by all means go there to get tanked (but designate a driver first)

There's El Chile on the east side and Gueros on South Congress and El Arroyo which is downtown but more west.

Are y'all going to be on Lake Austin or Lake Travis? Because you might want to try a restaurant out in West Lake or Bee Caves if you're all the way out on Lake Travis.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cWe're on Lake Travis, so tell us about good food in that area.

A local recommended El Chile to me, so I'll go anyplace.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

El Chile has good margs, decent food, and a nice atmosphere. And right next to that is Vivo with better margs and nice outdoor seating that is difficult to get. I'd recommend heading to East Austin and El Chile or Vivo 'cause if you can't get into one of the places, you can just walk to the other.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We're NW of town; if the throngs meeting us are relatively small, it probably doesn't make too much sense to drive all the way east of town. But I'm always up for exploring, so can go either way.

12:41 PM  
Blogger arf said...

I have to agree with annonymous 8:12am that Vivo and El Chile are great hometown attractions with great atmosphere, food and drinks.

There are decent TexMex places in Bee Caves. There's another El Arroyo and Rosie's (That map doesn't match my memory, but either could be faulty.) I think of the two (I've only eaten at each place once)

Figure out what works best for you, and I'm sure the crowd will asemble itself.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home