html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: There was no other reason it was funny.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

There was no other reason it was funny.

Get this! My sister's new neighbor knows Will! Man alive! I haven't thought about Will in years. When we were kids, my parents were way social. They had lots of dinner parties, and put us at the kids' table with WillnEric. I mean, they came over for dinner for years. After dinner, we were shooed into the back room, where we played endless ferocious games of King of the Mountain. Will! Eric! The dinner parties ended before junior high; I haven't seen WillnEric for probably seventeen or eighteen years. I totally remember them, though.

I remember, WillnEric used to tell dirty jokes at dinner. That was pretty funny. I remember one in particular. Three boys something something caught by a mean lady. The mean lady was going to beat them up? Something. But she said she'd let them go if each told her what her fathers did. The first said that his father worked in a scissor factory, so she took a pair of scissors and cut off his dick! The second said that his father was a lumberjack, so she took an ax and chopped off his dick! When she asked the third boy what his father did, he said "My Dad works in a lollipop factory!" HAHAHAHAHAHAH! That was funny! Because he tricked her! You can't suck hard enough to take his dick off, so he saved himself! What a clever boy! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was pretty good, I'll have to remember it.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

For some reason or other, I'm not big on castration humor. I'll bet that's much more popular with girls.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

I heard, and told, several versions of that joke back in grade school. It was a sweeping phenomenon at my school. The details you don't remember were never consistent anyway, and varied based on the person telling the joke, and the situation.

Most amusing in retrospect was the character of the third boy, which varied a lot. Some people told him as innocent, and naive of the humor. Others as a clever child who probably lied about his father's occupation to get off free. I preferred to tell him as a cheeky fellow who delivered the punchline with sarcastic derision. There was also a popular variant in which he was mentally challenged.

I have not thought of any of this in years.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Will's brother!!!!

I just liked the fact that I laughed at the joke while completely missing the point, and made up a different explanation. I wonder how often I do that.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So she jammed a stick into it and dipped it into molten toffee?

8:44 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

Sorry, not Will's brother.

Plain old Erik from MI. Goes to show the joke had legs though.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home