html xmlns="" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: There were only six seconds left on the timer...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

There were only six seconds left on the timer...

I started painting my bedroom last weekend, so I had a lot of time to think. I kept coming back to more things I would say if I were a compulsive liar.

"I had never flown a helicopter before, but as I sat in the cockpit, the controls started making sense. I looked over at my friend, panting in the passenger seat. I didn't have much time to learn. If I didn't get her to the hospital fast, I was going to have to land this bird in the mountains AND deliver her baby."


"Now was the crucial moment. Would the grizzly remember that I had raised it from a cub? We had just fought off a mountain lion together, so that was a good sign. But it was injured from the battle... wounded, maddened."

It is just as well that I am not a compulsive liar. No one who loved her friends should make them listen to that many clichés.


Blogger Sweet Coalminer said...

"While you were gone, this man from the insurance company came by looking for you. He said you have inherited ONE MILLION DOLLARS from a long lost, distant relative, but the caveat is that you have to spend several thousand of it tonight, and it must be spent on me. I accidently dropped his card into the toilet, but if you buy me that lovely dress, I might be able to recall his name and number.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home