html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: East Coast Tour!

Friday, June 23, 2006

East Coast Tour!

Anand and I are going to Philadelphia and DC in July! We are going to visit Dubin and TJ; I am gonna bring Dubin flowers and tell her she is more charming than kittens and more witty than Dorothy Parker and more captivating than fireflies, all in the hope that she will please one day write me a love letter too. Then we are going to visit Dennis and Amber, and I am going to tell Dennis that he is so big and strong and handsome and manly, all in the hope that he will take us out to make dry-ice bombs.

Anand is my usual travel partner. We travel together with complete ease, which really shouldn’t be a surprise, because we are the same person. It’s true. I realized a few years ago that Anand and I are exactly alike, except that he is just a little bit better at all the things that are us. I’m vegetarian; Anand is vegan. I can remember long strings of numbers; Anand can multiply and divide them. I remember details of my friends’ lives; Anand remembers details of his friends’ friends’ lives. Our IQ’s are almost the same, but his is one point higher (and I don’t care what he says, it is not a very important point). We both used to fall asleep as children by doubling numbers in our heads, but he could get higher.

When Anand and I were at Berkeley, we would walk everywhere together. We would fearlessly step off the curb, and if every car in sight didn’t instantly screech to a halt, Anand and I would shout, in perfect unison: “CROSSWALK! CROSSWALK, ASSHOLE!” I thought nothing of it until he left to ride his bicycle across the country to go to Charles River Tech. Then I realized the importance of having a giant Indian man by your side, a strong baritone to give your shout resonance, the flawless timing to make drivers decide that it was funnier than annoying. He lives in fucking Dallas, (where the good Christian girls love them some vegan ass; like everything else, his drought might be just a little better than mine) so I almost never get to see him. I miss him a lot.

But I get to see him soon! And maybe I also get to see you? If you live in Philadelpia or DC and you think you would like to meet two of me, let me know. I would love to meet the people who read this. Maybe a Philadelphia get together the evening of July 21st? A DC get together the evening of July 22nd? Fun.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

July 22nd, that's my birthday, you should buy me a cake while you're there.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Macneil Shonle said...

Interesting... I'm vegan and the whole "Crosswalks don't exist" thing annoys me to no end while I'm on campus.

Maybe the common trait is that we set high expectations for ourselves and others?

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marry him?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Marry myself? You can go blind doing that.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's way too much vegetarianism for 1 relationship. Someone's gotta keep the cow population in check.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Dubin said...

No, seriously. I've never actually met Anand - I can't remember why not - so I really don't know the answer to, "Why don't you marry Anand?"

Sorry if that is a stupid question, but it seems obvious.

P.S. I have figured out why you are having trouble finding the relationship of a lifetime. If you want the answer, I have it right here in my brain. Want it now? Or I should save it until you come visit, probably...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Dubin!

You could send the answer to me in a love letter...

It is an obvious question; we've been asked it lots of times. There doesn't seem to be a good answer, just the mutual feeling that we don't work like that together. So we like what we have.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Macneil Shonle said...

"Someone's gotta keep the cow population in check."

Given that most cows aren't indigenous in virtually every place they can be found it's the cow eaters (and dairy drinkers) that cause so many of them to exist in the first place. The ecosystems most cows are placed in are not suited for co-existence and so having so many cows is detrimental to the environment.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anand is always a little better than Megan at everything right? That means he could totally beat her up and so she can't date him!

Megan, you're totally going to take shit forever (or at least not get laid) about that stupid post about needing to be stronger than men you date. You need to address the topic again.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being able to beat up a man isn't the same as being stronger than him. I know from my Spider-Man reading that it is always possible to defeat a stronger foe by using your intelligence and your spider-sense.

Megan, as far as visiting DC, you will totally destroy my Internet crush on you by making it physically possible to meet you. On the other hand, since I am married with a child, that's probably a good thing. In any case, I would imagine it would be possible for DC area Megan-fans to organize something on July 22nd.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Tear* And those of us living in fly-over country still can only find ointment for our internet crush on Megan's blog.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a fan in Bombay too!

I don't suppose you'll ever come here? Of course you're more than welcome to vist. And yes, we have many many Indians here.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Erasmus Brock said...

Yeah, there's a non-zero chance I'll be visiting my old high school buddy (a lawyer out of Berkeley, ironicoincidentally) in D.C. that weekend. If so, that'd be neat.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home