html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Just saying.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Just saying.

My Dad told me last night that my baby sister (the twelve-year-old) turned down a trip to Vegas this weekend because she knew I was visiting. I'm so touched. I would turn down most trips to see her, too. It's not like we do that much when I visit; recently she and my baby brother do their own things while I'm there. So it isn't that they want me to play with them as much as they just want me in the house while he plays video games and she is on MySpace.

Yeah, she has a MySpace page. I guess this is as good a time as any to bring something up. I just wanted to let you know that if you ever went to her page (which you would never want to do because it is entirely adolescent with bright colors and references to in-jokes and more exclamation points than you have used in a decade), even by accident, I would know. Then, I would find you and beat the living crap out of you before blinding you so that you can't look at MySpace ever again and ripping your fingers off so you couldn't write to her or anyone else. That's all. Great! Thanks!

See you Monday.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you tell everyone about something you never want them to see? People can't look for it if they don't know it exists.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should be able to set the profile to "private" mode so that only people in her friends list can see anything. I recommend setting that up for anyone's children who are using MySpace.

11:20 AM  
Blogger matt said...

Hey, I'd do the same to anyone who was snooping into my little brother's life -- and he's almost twenty.
I love that you're such a badass sometimes.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I enjoy your writing. Don't know why but it caught my attention. Been reading it for a couple of months now and I think it's a keeper. Maybe the reason I was "captured" was because I too am an engineer (EE). Sorry I can't help you with your love life, I don't know anyone in Sacramento. I be one of the married types, happily too. I feel your pain and longing in your writing however and makes me want to help, regardless of the situation… funny how that works, that I feel for someone that I’ve never met and want to help. For what it’s worth, I think you have to apply some of that long practiced patience. Can’t imagine why you’d want to accept advice from an absolute stranger, but I like to think that I’m a good judge of character and I think you are a worthy person. I also have a feeling that things are going to get better for you. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks for the insightful blog.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's her first name?

(Hey, an angry visit is better than no visit at all, and I can defend myself!)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

The hell you can, bitch.

Visiting her site is probably punishment enough - it has sparklies and plays sappy songs. But I was ready to beat up a fifth grader who pushed my brother, so there's nothing I wouldn't do to an adult who looked at her page. Keep the fuck away.

If you want a visit, come to Pie Contest and no one has to get hurt.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It can't be any worse than my niece (and her bulletins are such a murrain I would take her off my friends list if she weren't family!) Thank goodness I only have boys. The worst, though, is my bar-hopping buddy Wendy (the good little witch). I have a special short-cut to go straight to her comments, because going to her profile brings my computer to its knees.

Kind of fun to see a more emotional side than I am used to ... although the economics page is still best.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Next time I post a regression, I'll dedicate it to you. Thanks for being the mature person here.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am undeserving of such an honor!

But if you are serious, and take requests, some regression involving the effects of free trade would be stellar!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Naw. Boys and socializing, remember? Sometimes cats.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home