html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: I'm still a peasant about a lot of things.

Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm still a peasant about a lot of things.

It is a blog cliché, isn’t it, to come home from a trip all smitten and swoon-y and gush about what an incredibly wonderful time I had with the other bloggers? And maybe it seems a trifle self-satisfied to tell you how beautiful and witty and smart our hosts are. In both cities! I mean, these amazing people invited us into their gorgeous homes where they actually frame and hang their art, rather than keeping it in the closet where it is safe until a person figures out what to do with it. Some of the art they made themselves! They walked us around cities with lovely streets and knew where all the yummy food is, and then, in the parks at night, there were fireflies! It was the first time I’ve ever thought that there could be places outside California that are worth living in. For other people. Other really great people.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank heaven for that M!
you have finally seen that others, imaginaries, are as real as you!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I saw my first fireflies in Missouri a few weeks ago. Aren't they cool? Up close they didn't look anything like I'd imagined...

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, are there parts of the country without fireflies?

6:29 AM  
Blogger billoo said...

Okay, since a lot of recent blogs have been on "things" I've decided to come out of anonymity, cease being an "imaginary" (for a day). Er..I was the really irritating sod who always said ..."er"...also DD.

Apologies to Dan and Mitch if previous comments have come across as if they were personal criticisms. The certainly were not meant that way!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

There aren't fireflies west of the Rockies. I think fireflies are as amazing as stars and wish I saw them more.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Dubin said...

Oh, stop. Yes, we are very winsome people, but your compliments to that effect are boring me, already.


:) :) :)

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fireflies in California? You poor people. What do your children put into jars at night to keep them company as they fall asleep? (Ventilated jars, of course, with bits of twig and grass. Then you let them go in the morning and do it all over again right before bedtime.)

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have blogs really been around long enough to have cliches?

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home