html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Dilemma

Friday, July 20, 2007

Dilemma

I've read but not bought all of the previous Harry Potter books. If you hold out for a week, there are always a flush of copies and it is easy to borrow one from someone. Now I'm feeling left out, though. I kinda want to read it this weekend and this weekend they'll be hard to come by. I could just buy one (if I can), but I don't own any of the others and it seems silly to only own one of the series. I suppose I'll end up waiting a few days and it will all be fine. I'll likely know the ending by the time I read it, but that type of thing doesn't bother me.

In the meantime, I'm hold number 619 of 619 at the Sacramento Public Library. They have 194 copies, so the turnover shouldn't be too long.


UPDATE:
Liked it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Target?
read.
donate to library #195.
win/win

6:42 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

That is a really long waitlist! I was sad when I signed up for a book at 57th in line.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Sheila Tone said...

Not done yet, but I didn't appreciate Hermione's snide and superior comment regarding Magical Law practitioners.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same idea last time, that I would borrow it from one of my friends. But I think they all thought the same thing.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home