html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Orion was out. Another winter so soon?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Orion was out. Another winter so soon?

Got up to see the eclipse last night. The moon was small and dark orange. I wished for the millionth time that there weren't a streetlight on my corner. The night was mild, as they all are this month. My girl-cat meowed at me a bunch of times from my window, but didn't come out to watch the eclipse. I went back to bed, instead.

An hour later, still sleepless, I came back out to check again. Yes - she was back. Bright, not yet round, but clearly returned to us. Satisfied we hadn't lost her, I came back in and went straight to sleep.

5 Comments:

Blogger susan said...

I'm kind of bummed that I didn't know about the eclipse until someone mentioned it at work this morning. Why isn't an eclipse a news story anymore?

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, nobody told me neither. And such a fat juicy moon at that.

6:40 PM  
Blogger I don't pay said...

Did you see that New Yorker piece a few weeks ago about light pollution, and the valid, effect ways to reduce it by good engineering? The more we learn, the more opportunities for redesign present themselves.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I would LOVE to get a shield on that streetlight. The corner would be extremely dark without it. Midtown has very few streetlights and none mid-block. Since there is a LOT of people traffic, I know we need a light. I just wish it weren't flooding my corner.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I saw that moon. It was gorgeous.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home