html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: It was past our bedtime, but we were allowed to stay up for the Muppet Show.

Monday, October 15, 2007

It was past our bedtime, but we were allowed to stay up for the Muppet Show.


Bert's ad libs are even better on my Sesame Street album. I also found and sang Lime and Coconut with Kermit, and worried that Cookie would never find his cookie again. I know all the words to this one, too. Perhaps you didn't know how handsome Harry Belafonte used to be, or how good-natured.


He had it easier than Rita Moreno, though. Miss Piggy shows me how to make myself clear, should there be occasion.




On a more contemporary note, this combination salvaged the movie and justified the song for me. I wouldn't have thought of it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watch the Muppets (now out on DVD) with our 2-year old a couple times every week. His favorite is Miss Piggy. My favorite is Beaker.

The best episodes: Harry Belafonte, Paul Simon (though he has no sense of humor, the music is great), Linda Ronstadt, Julie Andrews, and Paul Williams. But nearly every episode is highly entertaining.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh - Muppets! Muppets! The first two seasons are available on DVD now, and it's very important everyone buy those so that the last two seasons also get released. Also: Muppets!

(Not my most insightful comment ever, but then again - Muppets!)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

MUPPETS!!

4:40 PM  
Blogger LizardBreath said...

MUPPETS!

I had forgotten the adorableness of the deadly black tarantula.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home