html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: What should I wear!?!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

What should I wear!?!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO TELL YOU! Dude! I've known for weeks, been nearly frantic with anticipation and excitement! Tonight is the night! Tonight, my loneliness ends and my dream begins! That's, like, a bummer for you, because I'm going to have to end the blog and stuff, but tonight my prince and I will start on happily ever after. Tonight! Tonight I will be IN THE SAME ROOM as Darrell Steinberg.

I've told you before how Darrell and I were meant to be, how we have something between us that he hasn't felt with any other constituent. Or with me. Yet. BUT HE WILL! Tonight! I'll be at a dinner and DARRELL will be speaking! I could die of happiness, just thinking about it. DARRELL, speaking! On WATER! Ohmigod.

I haven't decided how to approach him. Maybe there won't be a decision; the force of our connection will pull us together like very strong magnets. I might have to start it though. I'm thinking I'll just mouth the words "I love you" whenever he looks my way during his speech. Is that over the top? Surely he already knows! I told him, in all those letters I've written to him! But I have to do something.

I actually talked to a couple of Darrell's staffers a few months back. I thanked them for some legislation he introduced and after we'd been chatting a bit, I admitted my love for Darrell. "Yeah," said one. "We hear that a lot." WHAT? THOSE WHORES! Who are they? They better not be there tonight, is what I'm saying. And if they are, they better not stand between me and Darrell. That would not be a safe place for them to stand. No one wants an incident, but I'm saying it could be dangerous for them, to stand between me and Darrell.

Anyway, I guess I should say goodbye to y'all. 'Cause I can't have a blog when I am the wife of a politician. Think of the scandal! Sorry this is so abrupt. I should have warned you. But I know you want me to be happy, and the inevitable is finally close. I wish you all the happiness in the world. Well, less happiness than Darrell and I will have, but that's still a lot of happiness. Good luck! Have fun! Take care!


UPDATE: I am despondent. He wasn't there. He had a family emergency or something. This is unspeakable tragedy. I was seated two feet from his podium. It would have been such a simple matter to interrupt his speech, take the microphone and propose to him. He couldn't say no in front of everyone, right? But he wasn't there. My hopes, dashed again! I suffer so.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really hard. But Megan, I know you can take it.

http://dist06.casen.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={F9D37D2E-AABF-4BC3-A95B-5189D6E5824B}

at the bottom of the page, it says...

Steinberg and his wife Julie have two children - a daughter, Jordana, and a son, Ari.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

By sheer willpower, I consistently block that out of my mind. See, already gone again...

3:38 PM  
Blogger susan said...

Aw, poor Megan. Why must fate be so cruel?!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I ask myself that all the time.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Megan. You've worked so hard for months to convince all your libertarian readers that _bureaucrats_ are really good people. And it's working, I can feel it. But expecting everyone to go along with you when you hook up with a politician? I'm not sure even you can pull that one off ma'am!!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

This isn't a casual hook-up, Scott. This is fate.

8:42 AM  
Blogger JRoth said...

The "family emergency" was obviously that his "wife" was mad about him going to the event where you'd be (with "LOVE YOU" written on your eyelids - totally visible from 2 feet away). And even though it's a sham marriage to fool the squares until the two of you make it official, he couldn't risk having her make a big deal to the press. So.

Do you think "Jordana" and "Ari" are child actors or midgets?

1:41 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Well, since "Jordana" and "Ari" are going to be my step-children, lets give them the benefit of the doubt. Child actors, I say.

Please also note that I would be happy to be Darrell's junior wife. I think he's man enough for all his fans.

I was SO THINKING that I could write "LOVE YOU" on my eyelids. I didn't know I'd be seated so close, but maybe I should always write that on my eyelids, just in case I run into him.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

Cute.

Have you read this one?

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home