html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: I took it outside in a tupperware container.

Monday, June 05, 2006

I took it outside in a tupperware container.

My girl cat didn’t sleep with me last night. I missed her weight and got up a couple times to call her. I figured she was mad about the kitten but I found out she was thinking about me too. She’s never done this before, but in an effort to show me who the real cat around here is, at two-thirty she brought me a live mouse. Oh sweetheart, thank you. You shouldn’t have.

Being the focus of competitive jealousy is unusual for me, but I already know one thing for sure. Mice are not the answer. Gentlemen, should we meet and be attracted to each other, and should I invite you into my house and bed, and should I later bring home someone cuter and lock him in the other bedroom, you don’t have to win back my love with rodents. All I want is your attention, you warm and solid in my bed, purring loudly. And sometimes, you know, his attention too. Well, mostly his attention. Just at first, ‘cause he is so damn cute. It’ll wear off, and then I’ll want attention from you again. But never as much as I used to, back when you were the cute one.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat used to bring me live baby bunnies. I guess my cat loved me more than your cat loves you.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having never been accustomed to being the cute one, I think I could handle that, provided I didn't have to piss in a box or sharpen my fingernails on a carpeted pole.

[On rodents: rodents are nice alive. And outside. Definitely outside.]

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have very life-like mouse toys for our cats. One time, as we were getting into bed at night, we didn't notice that the toy our tomcat had in his mouth wasn't actually a toy, but was rather a real, not-so-live mouse. But we sure figured it out fast when the cat deposited the dead mouse on a pillow.

You're lucky the cat was willing to give a live mouse up. On two other occasions, our tomcat has caught live mice in our house. He became very growly when I tried to take the mice from him. Unfortunately, the mice didn't survive the ensuing struggle between cat and owner. Also unfortunately, what was left of the mice required paper towels and carpet cleaner to clean up.

But I'm willing to forgive him all that since he lets the baby pet him. Our girl cat won't let the baby within 10 feet of her.

Okay, I've definitely gone on too long about our cats.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a freak, Megan.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home