html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Changing people? Not when you can fix the system.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Changing people? Not when you can fix the system.

Also at the watershed meeting last night was a supercool old-school farmer who loves oak trees above all else and puts handpainted signs on local streams. On some of his land is a large pond that is only open to members of his fishing club. I saw it when I got a tour of the watershed. Since I only have one thing on my mind, I immediately thought it would be a great place to watch the moon rise and make out with someone.

When I met the supercool farmer at the meeting last night, I asked him right off, "do people sneak into the pond to make out?". He laughed and said not there so much. But there's an oak tree on a rise on another part of his land that gets a lot of traffic. He said "Now I don't care if they're making out, but they leave their wrappings and I don't like that. So I hung a dead ram from the tree and it stopped."

I love a physical solution.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

That is a beautiful solution.... sheepskin, ram, condom wrappers... *chuckle*

-Tim

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dead rams, dogs being shot, kids in white pants, the judging of livestock. Tell me again, Sacramento is a city, right?

11:37 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Sacramento is a city that feels like a large town. It is still surrounded by ag, which I'm glad of.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home