html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Go Chris! You can do it!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Go Chris! You can do it!

I sent Chris a one-line email this morning:
There's a headline in the Yahoo News that "Chris may become hurricane." I'm all excited and happy for you.

And got back:
Apparently I had a go in 1994 too, but unfortunately I merged with an extratropical baroclinic zone southeast of Newfoundland and lost my identity.

I'm aiming for a more sustained and successful experience this time.

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/prelim/Chris_prelim.html

I know we're all rooting for him. Unless you're in his path or something.

6 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

You know, I didn't even read the news about Hurricane Chris, either when I wrote to Chris or when I posted. When I just checked, it said Hurricane Chris was becoming disorganized (HAH!) and moving west, north of PR. I hope it dissipates harmlessly. We aren't wishing any additional grief on the Gulf.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of those other distasters are hit and runs, so we never get their names.

Justin

10:43 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

They're just one-night-stands, no long buildup, no flirting and wondering if this time it's for real, barely any foreplay at all. They just show up, mess with you, and leave you embarassed that you didn't even know their names.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Dubin said...

I met Earthquake Bob. Bob "Northridge," he called himself. The jerk.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to, "I don't use metaphors anymore," Megan?

Though, I think I like yours better than mine.

Justin

12:08 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

It isn't like Chris to be a tease. It's for the best though. Hope he didn't get you too worked up.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home