html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Blogger made me switch.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blogger made me switch.

I am very wary, and my eyes are narrowed and hostile. Switching implies CHANGE, and we all know that CHANGE is the first step on the road to DIFFERENT, leading inevitably to BAD.

BAD hasn't struck yet, although I don't like the new fonts. I am waiting, suspicious and resentful.

Maintenance:

So far I've heard that the feed is broken. I've been wanting to go through the list of people who read here, since I haven't seen some of them in a while and some aren't still writing their blogs. If you haven't written anything in months, but want to stay on the blogroll, drop me a line, OK? Of course, if you want off, please let me know that as well.

Also, re-labeling everything.

As long as I'm doing maintenance, do you guys have any requests for things I should add?

Update: Did I get the blogroll right? Did I miss any of the regulars? I really want you guys to know each other, since you're interacting. If I left you off, it was an accident I would like to correct.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got a nice ass?

5:52 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hey y'all.
This is the second of these I've gotten today. I don't have a sense that they're contributing to the discussion, so I'll start deleting them with the next one. Should you see some missing posts, they'll be these. If I delete for any other editorial purpose, I'll let you know.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

The prohibition on compliments prevents you those of you who know me from answering the 5:52 anonymouse.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

I've got to say - when life gives you lemons, you REALLY make lemonade. That was a great chuckle (speaking as one who does not know you).

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

Does this mean I'll be able to discard my old system of keeping track of comment counts to see which posts have had activity?

10:15 PM  
Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

Sadly, it looks like the answer is "No". I comment, tell Sage to "Check Feeds", and there is no sign of any activity in "From the archives"

Back to the comment counts!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

I gotta say, I don't see anything different. How do I get the new toys? I want the new toys!!!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Conference Scribe said...

Bad has struck those of us who read you in an aggregator, at least those of us who read you on Bloglines. Feed appears to be broken. Bummer.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

Anonymouse: no, but I've got a GREAT donkey.

7:53 AM  
Blogger ScottM said...

You're still fine to me, but I wander by your site directly and it sounds like the inconvenience is a feed thing.

9:12 AM  
Blogger grant said...

bloglines is reading this feed fine for me.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

Is Bloglines flagging the "Blogger made me switch" item when somebody adds a comment to it?

Sage doesn't, maybe I should .... switch.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's a blog roll? All I see on the right is the "about me" section, a tago cloud of delicious links and the previous posts section (using firefox 2)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

You're going directly to the post/comments page. Click on From The Archives in the header and that'll take you to my front page. On that page, I have blogrolls for my personal friends, commenters, and blogs I read besides those.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home