html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Pretty good.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Pretty good.

No headache. You know, a big part of why I've never gotten drunk before this is that I didn't know what I would be like. But I think I'm just like me when I'm drunk. I made us a tray of nachos, with avocado, onions, lemon and salt. And I handsqueezed orange juice for round 4. Giggly and all about food seems pretty true to form. Ali had the excellent sense to make us document the late stages, so I'll scan those letters in when I get to work.



Anand,

After all this time, it is only fair you be part of this moment, this spinning moment. This moment after 4 - four - drinks. Where are you? MOVE HERE!

Meg















'topher,

I might be at the spins. So I need to send you a letter. This was fun, but now I want to lie down. Why didn't I do this sooner? I don't know?!

Meggie










Also, I don't remember anything happening after Ali put me to bed, but her two cards for today are Tenderness and Expectancy and my two cards are Birth and Openness. Looks like we're pregnant.

11 Comments:

Blogger ScottM said...

Hmm, I avoid it too and probably for as little reason. One of these weekends I'll have to give it a shot.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like we're pregnant.

Yeah, but look at the bright side, the supermarkets are running some terrific sales on pickles and ice cream.

Peter
Iron Rails & Iron Weights

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO proud of you for finally achieving a very important 2006 goal. Better late than never! THe men though, what in the world??? Four of them? Uncanny. They could at least come up with a new excuse.
-dithers

2:00 PM  
Blogger guy said...

But surely that is all that alcohol ever does - strips back the carefully constructed image to reveal the true person? Of course, if you're not very into facades, then it won't make all that much difference...

2:07 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Scottm:

It was way better than I expected. Set your circumstances so you're comfortable and have a friend to get you going.

-dithers:

I'm working on a theory about the men.


Guy:

Eh. I bite a pretty scathing tongue on some occasions. I've been afraid that getting drunk will unleash that. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Chris and Anand are hoping for ('cause they wouldn't be the targets), but I'm afraid there would be damage.

But if all I'm gonna do is giggle a lot and cook, there's nothing to stop me from doing this every night!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drinking is like everything else, the better you get at it, the more dangerous it becomes.

Sure, you get wasted after like 5 drinks now. But, soon you'll build up a tolerance. Then it starts to get expensive. I've had nights where I started off innocently enough just drinking with dinner, then decide to just finish off the bottle, then open a 2nd bottle, then when that's gone, start drinking beer.

Blah.

And, it's hard to get a hangover now, you can't drink enough to dehydrate yourself. But, again, once your tolerance goes up, suddenly you'll start waking up in horrible pain.

It's all kinds of fun.

Justin

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tolerances suck.

I used to be able to get wasted enough to say really crazy stuff. Saturday morning debreifings with my roomates were the best: some coffee and bacon and they would regale me with all the bizarre lines or tropes i had said the night before, and i would try to recall a plausible interpretation.

Now, i pass out before i get noticable other than a bit too much volume and sexual interest. Ah, my wasted youth.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I love the documentation. Next time I enter an altered state, I've gotta write some letters.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool to be able to have such a basic experience for the first time at age 35. Seriously. I feel so jaded. Why don't we save more of our firsts for when we need them, in early middle age, when the world is starting to repeat itself a bit?

Marcus

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So like are you gonna do one of these for when you progress to reefer and lsd?

1:28 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

It's inevitable isn't it? Now that I've had the demon rum, drugs'll follow right through that open gate. No need to prolong the descent. Might as well go straight to heroin.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home