html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Optional 2a: "You can't predict what'll happen if you mess with it."

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Optional 2a: "You can't predict what'll happen if you mess with it."

I was slumming with the fish biologists today; we went to see a presentation on how roads affect streams. It was part of a Road Ecology seminar series and it confirmed my firm belief that there is only one talk in all of ecology. I've been to dozens of ecology talks, and every last one of them comes down to:

1. Scale is very important.
2. The system is very complex.
3. My species is a keystone species.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to those too! At least ten, when I used to go to ecology seminars.

A "copepods was my first one" 4

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home