html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Well the answer is D, all of the above.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Well the answer is D, all of the above.

It was a sweet and vivid dream, but I don’t know what to do with it.

Option 1: Start organizing trips to ghost towns, since I’ve clearly got a jones to see one.
Option 2: Get over this fucking crush, which isn’t going to go anywhere.
Option 3: Savor the sweetest kiss I’ve had in a very long time.

Or do nothing, I guess. There isn’t the option where he is secretly in love with me, but we are both hiding it for obscure reasons that we will laugh at when the obstacles are overcome. We are both single and I’ve shown my interest and he knows how to reach me if he wants to. Which he doesn’t. Which is fine. No one has to have a crush on me. Not pestering him with my crush is the price I pay for not feeling guilty if I turn away someone’s attention. We’re grown-ups, so you give a sincere try and then you handle your feelings if it doesn’t turn out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. That way lies madness.

Grown up men, at least any grown up man worthy of you, are capable of taking emotional risks, and reaching out to you.

You are worthy of brave devotion without ambiguity, which is what you will give back.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Thanks shug.

I can't believe I'm getting no love for that title. Are you guys really going to leave me hanging? Kwindla, I know you got it.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly D.

I got nothing.

I am in a similarly doomed boat at the moment, having spent my weekend falling for a visiting friend-of-a-friend.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weren't all the best answers to your quiz D?

This post makes more sense now that I read the post about your dream.

Crush is aptly named.

I assume you saw this poem
The More Loving -- Marginal Revolution post

The most intractable crush is the one that I couldn't even wish away given the opportunity.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home