html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Power to the people!

Friday, June 08, 2007

Power to the people!

So, on Wednesday, Ali and I were swimming, and Ali was all "the pool's too short" and I was all "am I tan yet?" and then Ali asked the lifeguard if we could take out the lane lines and switch to long course, and the lifeguard was all "I don't know" and I asked the two other swimmers if they would be ok with long course and they were happy for it so we switched to long course and it was great and I think it improved my tan.

And yesterday the creepy front desk guy said that today was going to be long course! And maybe it'll be long course a couple days a week from now on and we are SO EXCITED and it just goes to show you that you CAN make societal change for the better and that THE MAN can't resist the organized will of the swimmers.


Also: I got a hand block at league last night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah hand blocks.

My index finger is still swollen from the marker just getting my hand on Saturday.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Boooo! Foul, no contest?

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. The marker's a good guy, he and I were just going full speed against each other. It happens.

However, the huck was incomplete, and my hand hurt too much to do anything but dish a backhand. When everybody knows that your whole game is long runs and long puts, not being able to throw is a significant handicap.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home