html xmlns="" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: 1. Look it up. 2. <i>Kidding.</i>

Monday, July 30, 2007

1. Look it up. 2. Kidding.

One of the things my sister and I couldn't figure out is where I would be when I moved in with her. She has a sweet little bungalow, with two bedrooms. If the kids have one room, than my sister and I... share a room? Really? It has been twenty-five years since we shared a room. Besides, as my friends immediately pointed out, there are some obvious flaws in sharing a room with my sister:

Dennis: You’re sharing a room with your sister? I thought the plan was to move here to date a lot.
Me: I know. We haven’t figured that part out.
Dennis: You’ll have to have a hanger-on-the-doorknob arrangement.
Me: Yeah. *sigh* But, you know? Maybe we’re old enough that the guy would have a room. Like, we could go to his place.
Anand: OOooohhh. You’re goin’ classy on us. Guy with his own room!
Me. I know! Big step up for me! But, if the plan is for me to get some…
Dennis: Oh no. We’re skipping right over that. The plan is for you to get lots.

My friends have faith! They think I could land a guy who has his own room!

Now we're thinking of fixing up the garage, turning it into a livable space. The idea is starting to take shape. A very simple room. Muted colors this time, and maybe just the essentials, bed, chair, rug, books and plants, sling. The new door will open straight into my garden plot; I think checking on my seedlings morning and evening will be less ridiculous when I'm not riding a mile over to my community garden each time. I want a dutch door, I think. Top half open for light and my cat; bottom half closed against chickens and surprise nephews.


Sister: If we put the door under the eaves on the side, it can only be six feet tall.
Me: Six feet tall? Isn't that short and squatty for a door?
Sister: Yeah. Guys who aren't all that tall would have to duck under it.
Me: And since the point is to have a large parade of men in and out...
Sister: We can't have them hitting their heads. We'll need an overhang.

She's a planner, my sister. Always thinking.


Blogger alguien que pasaba por ahí said...

and where do u going to stop your car?

8:15 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I am not sure where to stop a car that I don't have. I'll think on it.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Dubin said...

Brilliant. You could even put a skylight in the top if possible, for more light!

1. What am I supposed to look up?
2. What are you kidding about?
3. Am I daft?
4. What's a sling in this context?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Two skylights, considering the pale, weak sun of the Bay Area.

Answering 4 will answer 1-3. It is naughty.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Marcus said...

This is the sling, right?

Whee! Getting some in style!

Or you could go leather and try one of these. You do live in SF now, after all.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Marcus said...

why didn't those show as links? Darn.

3:29 PM  
Blogger a progressive crank said...

Well, I'm glad the swing comes with an Illustrated manual included which shows you positions for intercourse, oral sex, and masturbation.

I would assume anyone adventurous to make like a tree-dweller wouldn't need anything spelled out . . .

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home