html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: 1. Look it up. 2. <i>Kidding.</i>

Monday, July 30, 2007

1. Look it up. 2. Kidding.

One of the things my sister and I couldn't figure out is where I would be when I moved in with her. She has a sweet little bungalow, with two bedrooms. If the kids have one room, than my sister and I... share a room? Really? It has been twenty-five years since we shared a room. Besides, as my friends immediately pointed out, there are some obvious flaws in sharing a room with my sister:

Dennis: You’re sharing a room with your sister? I thought the plan was to move here to date a lot.
Me: I know. We haven’t figured that part out.
Dennis: You’ll have to have a hanger-on-the-doorknob arrangement.
Me: Yeah. *sigh* But, you know? Maybe we’re old enough that the guy would have a room. Like, we could go to his place.
Anand: OOooohhh. You’re goin’ classy on us. Guy with his own room!
Me. I know! Big step up for me! But, if the plan is for me to get some…
Dennis: Oh no. We’re skipping right over that. The plan is for you to get lots.

My friends have faith! They think I could land a guy who has his own room!

Now we're thinking of fixing up the garage, turning it into a livable space. The idea is starting to take shape. A very simple room. Muted colors this time, and maybe just the essentials, bed, chair, rug, books and plants, sling. The new door will open straight into my garden plot; I think checking on my seedlings morning and evening will be less ridiculous when I'm not riding a mile over to my community garden each time. I want a dutch door, I think. Top half open for light and my cat; bottom half closed against chickens and surprise nephews.


ADDED LATER:

Sister: If we put the door under the eaves on the side, it can only be six feet tall.
Me: Six feet tall? Isn't that short and squatty for a door?
Sister: Yeah. Guys who aren't all that tall would have to duck under it.
Me: And since the point is to have a large parade of men in and out...
Sister: We can't have them hitting their heads. We'll need an overhang.

She's a planner, my sister. Always thinking.

7 Comments:

Blogger story teller, argentina said...

and where do u going to stop your car?

8:15 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I am not sure where to stop a car that I don't have. I'll think on it.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Dubin said...

Brilliant. You could even put a skylight in the top if possible, for more light!

1. What am I supposed to look up?
2. What are you kidding about?
3. Am I daft?
4. What's a sling in this context?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Two skylights, considering the pale, weak sun of the Bay Area.

Answering 4 will answer 1-3. It is naughty.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

This is the sling, right?

http://www.800loveswing.com/

Whee! Getting some in style!

Or you could go leather and try one of these. You do live in SF now, after all.

http://www.saxleather.com.au/index.php?page=home&subrange=sex%20swings/slings

3:29 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

why didn't those show as links? Darn.

3:29 PM  
Blogger a progressive crank said...

Well, I'm glad the swing comes with an Illustrated manual included which shows you positions for intercourse, oral sex, and masturbation.

I would assume anyone adventurous to make like a tree-dweller wouldn't need anything spelled out . . .

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home