html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: I'm gonna go look at it again.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm gonna go look at it again.

Did you feel it? That wind perking? That fresh gust, sharp and pure? Coming up and stirring the leaves, cleansing the afternoon? That was my chi. You're welcome. I have to be honest, I didn't do it for you. (I mean, I would! But this time, it was just a side effect.)

I finally cleaned my second back porch today. By "I cleaned", I mean my sister came up and made it happen, because it is twenty times easier to do other people's chores. (Not as easy as doing no chores and having things magically clean themselves, except they take a very, very long time to magically clean themselves. So long that I've never been able to wait that long. But maybe the back closet is cleaning itself as we speak, jealous and inspired by the back porch.) The back porch is clean, and by clean, I mean, emptied and washed and aired. My sister let me put back hardly anything at all. My feng shui is turning cartwheels and inviting friends over to eat off the clean floor back there. I do not have pools of stagnant chi lingering and pulling me into the past. No no! My chi is coursing! Coursing, I tell you!

(My feng shui also announced about a half an hour ago that it would like a stiff g&t, and why didn't I pour one for myself while I was at it, since it was a PARTY ON THE CLEAN BACK PORCH!)

My sister thinks that things that might still be useful sometime are actually trash. I pointed out the occasions for usefulness, but she thinks they should come more than once every couple years. I thought I heard some familiar tones in her voice when she asked me did I want to put things in the close trash pile or in the far trash can, but I totally wasn't fooled and I put things in my neighbor's dumpster just to show her. It is trash day for the alleys tomorrow. I will get up early and sneak more trash into their dumpsters. It does not go back into the porch, because my back porch is CLEAN!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how i hate to throw things away.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

But the purifying cleanse! the freedom from clutter! the renewed chi!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's almost as good a feeling as cutting one's hair really short.

p.s. - none of my four sisters would ever help me clean my porch. you have an abundance of riches.

--OtherMegan

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home