html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: The blogging format runs deep.

Friday, November 16, 2007

The blogging format runs deep.

For the two years I was in school in San Luis Obispo, I sent my then-boyfriend a card in the mail every single week. Filled the blank page with some story about how much I missed him. I have a few of them left, some old jokes, some purely sweet. I don't mind tossing those in the recycle bin, but it would be nice to be writing letters to a beloved again.

UPDATE: Heh. I just found my ex's box with all of those cards. He must have left it. It goes straight up to the attic; I'm not nostalgic enough to want to re-visit those. But if I ever need to remember 97-98, I bet they'd take me right back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. I still have cards I bought for people I haven't been in contact with in forever. I love sending mail, and especially when I am in a relationship. It's like a whole other dimension. I say stuff on paper I would not say in person, on the phone, or in e-mail.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I say stuff on paper I would not say in person..." - witt

Interesting how words have a certain existence when they are on paper...

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home