html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Busted

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Busted

I'm on hour thirteen of moving my house by myself. Why didn't I line up help? Two hours to go, I think. I'm busted. Nothing left. I'm probably hungry, but food isn't in arms length. My thighs are hollow and breathing takes effort. I've been sitting for fifteen minutes and I bet if I stood, I'd already be stiff and aching. I haven't been sad today. There is too much to do, and I am still taking care of my house.

I have to get the energy for another push, but where from?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eat!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

Fuck. Don't sound so DESOLATE.


You are strong.


You get that push from YOURSELF.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given the extent of your strength and stamina, this sounds really intense. I can't imagine how exhausting it must have been if it wiped you out.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

Megan, you're insane. You have dozens of close friends in Sac, and you're moving your house *alone*? Are you one of those people who tries to purify themselves in difficult times through unnecessary masochistic suffering? Probably too late now, but please, try to ask for help. You're doing people a favor by doing that anyway -- people love to help their friends.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Yeah. I need to think about why I did that. I even had offers to help.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home