html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: By contrast, I've been counting the days until the Solstice. Please let the days get longer fast.

Friday, December 21, 2007

By contrast, I've been counting the days until the Solstice. Please let the days get longer fast.

I don't hate Christmas, because I ignore Christmas. This year I didn't do the one tradition I love, which is the Holiday Lights Bike Ride. I don't know why I didn't make that happen; probably 'cause my life has narrowed into moving and working out. But tonight I'm going carolling, which I've never done. If any moment of carolling clicks into a frame of my friends carrying candles, beautiful voices rising and sincere love for mankind, then I will have gotten more than I hope for from the season.

UPDATE: Oh, it was wonderful. I want to sing in some sort of choir so much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If any moment of carolling clicks into a frame of my friends carrying candles, beautiful voices rising and sincere love for mankind, then I will have gotten more than I hope for from the season. "

If you give these things away, then they will come to be.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Scott Calvert said...

One of the things I'm actually happy about with my family... they've stopped wondering why I don't come home for this holiday anymore.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays, Megan. And a very Happy New Year to you. -K.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I want to sing in some sort of choir so much." Do It. Many good things come from singing regularly... glad it was uplifting

D
[whois Bass 2nd. think Barry White and lower...]

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home