html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Grrrl power!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Grrrl power!

I wrote to my pretty friend as soon as I heard that a longtime crush would be bringing his new girl to an event I was arranging.


Megan:
HATE being gracious. I'll just have to be smiley and nice. I HATE that.

Pretty Friend:
I know!
I totally hear you!
I can be mean and nasty for you, if you want...*

Megan: No, no. Let's just be fake and pleasant to her face, and then really mean behind her back. I like to do it that way, because when I have other people to make fun of, I feel better about myself. Also, it’s nice to have a group of girlfriends who will tear other women down, instead of supporting the sisterhood.

Pretty Friend: I meant to him! But I'm totally good at pulling hair too, if you want me to go after her!

Megan: Sweet. We could take her. And remember? We only blame other women, not men, who are sweet and naïve and can't be held responsible for their choices.

Pretty Friend: You should be chair of the women's studies program in Berkeley!! Those bitches over there don't know what they're talking about!



Fortunately, the event was rained out. I didn’t have to be classy after all.

*This was a lie. She couldn’t really be mean and nasty to anyone.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cladeedah said...

Hey wait a sec, I thought I was your pretty friend?! Who is this grrrrl???

1:27 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

All my friends are above average. Lookers, every one of them. But to be clear, I'll call you my Supermodel Friend.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home