html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Well, <i>thank god</i> !

Friday, October 13, 2006

Well, thank god !

When an injustice is done to a white girl in Sacramento, attention must be paid. I came home to a response to my email about cop cars buzzing me on my bike:

Ms. [Lastname],
I have been assigned to look into this incident. I would like to
attempt to identify the officer to determine why this occurred. Could you
please let me know the following information.

Time of day, officer race and gender, one or two officer car, did you
happen to get the car's ID # and any other identifying information would
be appreciated.

Thank You.

Acting Sergeant B---

I answered Officer B---, but I have no useful information for her. If there is a next time, I'll try to get the unit number.

3 Comments:

Blogger bobvis said...

You just made every cop who has ever buzzed anyone's shitlist. And they know where you live.

I predict an inordinate number of APBs for women driving creatively colored fixed gear bikes.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merely giving the time and location may be enough to identify the police officers responsible. They normally have designated patrol areas, and if the incident occurred away from the boundaries of such an area (as there's some overlap) it should be clear who was driving.

Peter
Iron Rails & Iron Weights

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You: 12.5mph.

Cop car: 35mph.

Difference in speed: 22.5mph.

How the hell is one supposed to provide that kind of info on a car that's driving away from you? "Gender"? "Race"? Is the sergeant expecting the offenders to turn around and stick their tongues out at you as they leave the scene?

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home