html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: You people rock.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

You people rock.

Bob V. took Peter to task for suggesting a solution in the comments to my post on wanting a girl boyfriend; Bob V. has learned that sometimes, people are only looking for empathy. Then there was a long conversation that went like this: blah blah blah practical blah blah listening blah men, women, blah blah solutions good sometimes blah blah blah sympathy and understanding.

In the meantime, other readers sprang into action! I got kind letters of encouragement. An amazingly smart and gorgeous couple wrote to ask if they could introduce me to their smart and gorgeous friend this weekend. YES! I like meeting your smart and gorgeous friends. Hook me UP! A guy who lives north of me did what any right thinking person would do in our circumstance. He gathered data! We love data! He even talks about his methods. He is a man after my own heart. And Justin. Sweet Justin sent me a link to a video of his handsome self! Climbing! To take my mind off my sorrow and into a higher plane, where beauty walks in human form. Climbs in human form. Hot human form.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger bobvis said...

FYI, I am extraordinarily regretful that I picked on Peter. I was just looking for an example and he was just kind of there.

And yes, I wasn't in a springing-into-action mood. That's for the competent! When you ask something I feel closer to being uniquely qualified to actually contribute to, I'll be all over it.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, perhaps I should solicit help....hmmmmmmmmm.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob V. took Peter to task for suggesting a solution in the comments to my post on wanting a girlfriend

I think you sorta meant to say boyfriend!
Anyway, I've learned my lesson about offering suggestions ...

Peter
Iron Rails & Iron Weights

8:45 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Wow, I really did write girlfriend. I can't think why. I have Ali, and Deb, and Tracy, and Margie, and Roxie, and Mel, and Claudia, and Alysia, and I put the moves on all of them all day long. Girlfriends are easy to come by.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, the pacman chart. It still makes me smile everytime I think about it, I don't know why.

Justin

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Girlfriends are easy to come by."

If that's the case for you, count your blessings. It's not like that for everyone. And men are only good for so much.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home