html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Pleased

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pleased

With a big full moon rising, and

With the green beans I picked from my garden tonight which are the first green beans I have ever grown, and

With bouquets of gardenias in both our bedrooms, and

With myself for turning right into the alley and then an immediate left onto the sidewalk with no hands because I have been trying that S-curve for several months now, and

With my new technique for poaching eggs in every dish I make with a sauce, so that the eggs are yummy and rich and taste like the sauce.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Tone said...

Are you just going to tease us, or tell us the technique?

It was very hard for me to even get the hang of poaching eggs in water.

Do you like them on the firm side, or the runny side?

11:26 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Firm side. No special technique. I just crack an egg into anything I stew, or into my soups, or anything I make with a liquid-y sauce. The egg poaches, and I scoop it out and it doesn't effect the dish, but I have a sauce-flavored poached egg which turns out to be yummy.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Crap. ...affect the dish...

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Crap. ...affect the dish... "

this is definitely my big problem...

D

8:56 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

I love green beans! Lucky!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Green beans are the bomb.

9:22 AM  
Blogger ScottM said...

Sounds like a good list of things, congratulations.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sheila Tone said...

I was served eggs today that seemed to have been poached in a small bag, based upon the shape of the eggs. They looked like those little candy bags one gets at weddings.

They came out very neat and spherical(not flat with the yolks visible, like they do when you poach them in those flat little cups, and not all spread out like they are when I poach them loose in water).

I can't find anything on the internet about poaching eggs in cloth though.

I suppose cloth would be inconvenient in sauce, but seems like a good idea in water.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home