html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: My new weekday digs

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My new weekday digs

Because time is a spiral and my life happens in loops, I am living with Chris' parents again, just like I did in '94. It is familiar and comfortable and easy. This is largely because they are breathtakingly nice. When I got there on Sunday, they had made my room up. The light was on, the bed was turned down. A tray in the middle of the room held a bottle of water and a glass, a bar of chocolate, a vase with early azaleas, and a card telling me how much they love me and want to help me move into my next life. I can stay with them for however long I need. I asked Chris whether he had prepped them, warning them that I was sad and needed extra care. He said he hadn't, that they're just like that. They will always be my inspiration and standard, when I see that people need a hand or haven.

One very interesting aspect of living with Chris' parents is that they don't have wireless internet. Can't find any feral internet either. In a couple more days, I expect I'll stop searching for a corner of the house where I can get signal. So last night, I sorted some stuff for a while and then I read a book!1,2 I went to sleep at ten-thirty, and woke up early. It was lovely. I am very much looking forward to this new arrangement, where I live in a family and do long-delayed chores and read long-postponed books in the evening and sleep early. This is already good for me.






1A book is like a blog, if all of the posts were on one topic and continuous. Then, it would be like if you printed all the posts onto paper, and gathered the paper together on one side, so that you could flip the pages and read one very, very long post.

2The book you recommended, Kwindla. Radio Free Dixie. Dude. That's some brutal reading.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some books are just like blogs even though they were written way before the internets evil existed. Pessoa's Book of Disquiet (written between 1912 and 1935) was so ahead of his time that he even invented sock puppets. Something that took internet trolls decade to catch up to.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you survived your move. Welcome to THE FUTURE!!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

So it's goodbye sweet blog? Obviously not -- you get to blog from work, but perhaps not so frequently.

What's the future like? Do you get rocket boots? Can I have a pair.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Not goodbye, sweet blog. Less hitting refresh at other people's blogs. Maybe living in my life will give me more content.

At the very least, I'll get more sleep, which has been AWESOME.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home