html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: In the five-one-oh?

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In the five-one-oh?

Ennis just sent me this, about a guy who dreamt a phone number, called it and started chatting up the woman who became his wife. My inclination was that this was much more likely.

But it did remind me that my third and fourth boyfriend's phone numbers were in order:

3rd: 46X - 9346
4th: 54X - 9354
Nxt: 62X - 9362

(The X's are in order, too. Please don't be crazy people.)

Anyway, my former friend and I called the Next number one time. Nothing for 916 - some old lady. But a guy answered for 530. I got really nervous and I hung up on him. That is all. The end.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chico is kind of a long ways away isn't it?

Justin

4:20 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Davis is also 530.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story is worthy of an XKCD comic.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

My friend and I went through a brief prank call phase many moons ago. We stopped when we phoned up a number, innocently asked if "John" was there, and then were grilled by his suspicious partner for the next half hour ("Did one of his children give you this number?" etc.)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

SHOW UP AT HIS HOUSE!! Of COURSE! So perfect! He'll understand when he sees me in person.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

Call him again! The odds are low, but what do you have to lose? Plus if you two do marry you can probably wangle an appearance on national TV.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

There is in fact a land line in Oakland that belongs to that number. But I would have to pay $15 to find out the address and I am less than $15 superstitious.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I am less than $15 superstitious.

Interesting way of putting it. I'm not sure what dollar amount I can lay to my superstition...

Maybe I can bound it by considering chain letters: I have received them in the mail in the past and did not participate. So... just going off of the postage, I'm probably less than $2.50 superstitious.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Excuse me? Is my boyfriend home? He'd be about 35... Is he here?

That's cool. I'll just wait 'til he gets back.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home