html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Bedtime

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Bedtime

I myself would not enjoy mixing the strawberry and mint toothpaste, but I pick my battles. If strawberry and mint toothpaste gets him to brush his teeth, that's fine.

The battles come to me anyway, because after that I have to put the littler little in pajamas and diaper. You wouldn't think it would be that much work for a full-grown weightlifter-type person to dress a very little boy.

The bigger little just told me that if I don't keep rubbing his back, he might have to be very loud and wake up his baby brother. I don't actually mind rubbing his back, but I do resent being extorted by a three year old. He got four long stories. He can fall asleep on his own.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's surprising how formidable an opponent a small child is... even more fun when they tag-team you...

I always sang to mine as the last thing, they feel the minute you stop rubbing the back, but they drift on singing -

10:47 PM  
Blogger 無名 - wu ming said...

changing diapers and putting on pajamas is a damn-near olympic sport.

distraction is key.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take him to your mediation class and see if they can deal with him.

Or get a llama.

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my parenting handbook, extortion is a punishable offense. But making fart noises with your mouth, OK.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AH AHAHHHAAH HAH HAHA HA HA... HOOO HOOO!!! HAA HAW!... you just wrote "He can fall asleep on his own".. that's a good one!! I usually just lurk here, but as mother of these little boys this time i had to break my silence. "He can fall asleep on his own", oh, that's funny. hee. guess you won't write that again, eh?
love you meggie.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sheila Tone said...

We may have superior strength, but they have the advantage in flexibility, energy, and being small targets.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home