html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: I am so touched.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

I am so touched.

I can't believe it. Tall Chris gave a family a llama for me! I could not be more pleased and touched. Because of me*, a needy family will have warm wool and transport, and will be safe from professors, hippie girls and persimmon rustlers. This is the best Hanukkah present I can remember. Thank you so much, Tall Chris.

***

I did, in fact, discuss getting a llama with my sister; I said I would in that first post and I keep my word to you. She hadn't read the post when I asked her, so the question "hey, do we need a llama?" came out of the blue. "Is it a pretty llama?" she asked. I love that her first thought was that I had found an actual llama that needed a home and her second thought was to establish that it will be a special llama to us.




*Really because of Tall Chris.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the gift is "symbolic" and goes towards their livestock programs in general rather than (as in Kiva) a particular llama to a particular family. So the prices listed are the prices for a marginal llama and associated technical assistance:

http://willforkforwood.blogspot.com/2007/01/doing-what-heiferorg-says-they-do.html

Depending on your opinions, this is either better or worse, but it is a bit misleading.

6:13 AM  
Blogger LizardBreath said...

a marginal llama

They're giving out marginal llamas? I wouldn't support a program that didn't distribute fully qualified llamas.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

A little girl is HUGGING THE LLAMA given on my behalf RIGHT NOW. I saw the picture.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

I sure hope they don't abuse the power and prestige associated with their new llama.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

No no. The recipients of my llama are a noble people, with the inherent dignity that comes from living so close to the land. That would be foreign to their simple, beautiful natures.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Yeah, they may be now.

Don't you just love that "new llama smell?"

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home