html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Deep in the weeds.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Deep in the weeds.

Hey guys. I'm sorry. I mean to post funny little anecdotes or admit something universal or defend government, but right now I am slammed. If you were really my boyfriend, I'd tell you about all the chores I'm doing and you would have to pretend to be interested. If it were still the early days (it is always the early days, here on the blog) I would tell you about them in some wry way that makes fun of me. But between all the places I have to get work done and the fact that I no longer have internet at home, blogging is going to lag for a while. Put me on your feedreaders, please, because I'll be back. But for now, slow posting.

Thinking of you fondly,

Megan

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've always been on my feedreader.

--mith

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if it were the early days I'd offer constructive tips for getting stuff done ("have you prioritized a list? most unpleasant tasks first?"). Then there would be the mini-moment where tearfully you lash out that you're looking for attentive empathy and not stupid, cliched self-helpy advice.

Future tellings of your workload (no longer wry or funny), would be met by languid head-nodding and the maintaining of eye contact with the sports page.

Friends-and-family would start remarking as to how the relationship has taken on a more mature, steady rhythm--"solid" for the long-run and all of that.

By the time wedding planning rolled around ("what are we doing about place-settings?"), the dynamic would be so well entrenched that when you confided to a girlfriend that I seemed a little "disengaged" from the process, she'll insightfully offer up that I'm probably a little bit "nervous", etc.

......

So, yeah, maybe it's time to take some time off. It's not like I'm going to be clicking around for new, young blogs. No, I'm not like that. Just reconnecting with old friends, such as books, and maybe even some offline thinking time. (Secretly you'll start wanting me all over again when I slip in the word 'contemplation'...)

So, no worries [warm hug], we'll be in touch.


Reader

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jens Fiederer said...

Anonymous seems PERFECT for you!

Hopefully, the wedding won't happen until you've settled down enough to get all the pictures in your blog.

I can stand to look at YOUR wedding pictures for sure!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home