html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Two thousand GREAT!

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Two thousand GREAT!

I am not making any resolutions this year. I usually do, but I spent the second half of last year operating on resolve. The problem with resolve, I noticed, is that it requires considerable effort on my part. 2008, I decided, will run on grace and serendipity. Yep. Fun will come to me. Things will fall into place. Friends will arrive, eat food at my tables and we will light candles. Charming men will covet and woo me. Some will succeed. My garden will yield beautiful tomatoes, some of them too high for the nephews to pick and eat before I get there. More and more weight will get lighter and lighter. Good books will find their way to me. That is how it is going to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoohoo! Do you think you can do it this way or does it run against the grain too much? For those of us for whom going with the flow comes natural planning and staying on plan is very very hard work and requires constant intrusive vigilance. So I can imagine that not planning is very hard work as well.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home