html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> From the archives: Because I'm way, way too heady.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Because I'm way, way too heady.

Heh. I work backward from my body all the fucking time. It might be my primary technique for figuring out what is going on with me. I've gotten better at it recently, added some refinements. I mean, I knew that biting my nails meant that I was worried about something. But I've got two new ones now:

Stomach twinges, scalp on top of head tingles: I am lying. I have to go back and figure out what I just said that I don't really mean.

Throat aches, low and in the back: There's something important that I am scared to say.

They're reliable indicators. I just have to be paying close attention to catch them.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you don't have dandruff or a cold otherwise you'd really get confused.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

Or you have ebola!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Danger!

3:31 PM  
Blogger bobvis said...

If I'm pissy, I am usually able to deduce that I haven't eaten in the last half-day. Oddly, that's often my first clue.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand exactly what you mean. I can track the level of stress in my life by the tenor of my dreams. The full schedules and lack of free time don't seem to clue me in, but once I start having the dreams I know I need to relax a little.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home